[dropcap type=”circle”]M[/dropcap]erseyside Police is appealing for the public’s help after a burglary at a house in Prenton.
Officers received a report on 11 September that entry had been forced to a house on Egerton Road between 8.30am and 2.30pm.
The offender forced entry to the property via a rear door, before making an untidy search and making off on foot.
A search of the house established they had taken the following items:
- Unique gold chain necklace with opal and diamonds – designed by victim
- MikiMoto Pearl and Diamond Dandelion ring
- Omega wristwatch with orange strap and black face. Reference Number 23232462101001
- Bulova watch with white watch face
- Red Toshiba touchscreen laptop
- Panasonic Lumix bridge camera with fixed lens and case
- Box containing cash in coins
- Keys for Auto Cruise Forte motorhome
- Spare key for Audi
House to house enquiries and forensic examinations have been carried out and an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the burglary is ongoing.
Detective Inspector Mike Dalton said: “I’d like to appeal to the consciences of the offenders and ask them to put themselves in the victim’s position and think how they would feel if this happened to them.
“While the occupiers were not in at the time, it has clearly been very upsetting to find their home has been targeted in this way.
“I would ask the offenders to do the right thing and return the stolen items to the owner in any way possible.
“I would also like to appeal to anyone who might have been offered the items for sale since the burglary to contact police, and anyone who was in the Egerton Road area on that night to contact us if they remember anything suspicious.”
Anyone who has any information is asked to call detectives in Wirral on 0151 777 2825 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.